Address card, correspondence between Oxford Development Records Project and Walker'sexecutor; account by Walker of the advance of the 22nd East Africa InfantryBrigade from Garissa to Gimma (Italian Somaliland) in 1941; list of racesto be run at Enda Jesus, August 1941; photographs relating to the 22nd EastAfrica Infantry Brigade advance, 1941; account of the advance of the 11th East AfricaDivision from the River Tana to Addis Ababa in 1941, with relevant photographs.responses to aide-memoire, photographs relating to service with the King's AfricanRifles, [c1939-1984].
Papers of Captain James Walker
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Afr. s. 1715 (285) (Box 18)
- Dates of Creation[c1939-1984]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description100 ff. The account of the advance of the 11th East Africa Division to Addis Ababa in 1941 is in a fragile condition. Consult the librarian before ordering.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Captain James Walker served with 1/6th Battalion, King's African Rifles, EastAfrica (including Italian Somaliland and Abyssinia), c1940-1942.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 920 (285) in Manuscript Collections in RhodesHouse Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library,1996).