Personal data sheet, address card, correspondence with Oxford DevelopmentRecords Project, lecture prospectus and account of East African campaigns,20th century.
Papers of Patrick W.G. Barnes
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Afr. s. 1715 (8) (Box 1)
- Dates of Creation20th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description30 ff.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Patrick W.G. Barnes served with the 27th Battalion, King's African Rifles in Northern Rhodesiaand Kenya, 1942, 22nd Battalion, Kenya, Tanganyika, Ceylon, Burma and India,1943-1944, and 31st Battalion, India and Northern Rhodesia, 1945.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 920 (8) in Manuscript Collections in RhodesHouse Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library,1996).