Personal data sheet, correspondence with Oxford Development Records Project,responses to aide-memoire, [1978-1984]; plan of operations of 12th AfricanDivision, Gondar campaign, 1941; The Abyssiniancampaigns...The official story of the conquest of Italian East Africa(London, H.M. Stationery Office, 1942).
Papers of Major Edward G.C. Haigh
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Afr. s. 1715 (122) (Box 5)
- Dates of Creation1941-1942, [1978-1984]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description96 ff.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Major Edward G.C. Haigh served in the 3rd Battalion, King's African Rifles,Kenya, 1939-1940, 2/3rd Battalion, Turkhana, Abyssinia,Kenya, 1940-1942, and 5/6th Battalion, Uganda, Abyssinia,Tanganyika and India, 1942-1945.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 920 (122) in Manuscript Collections in RhodesHouse Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library,1996).