Personal data sheet, correspondence with Oxford Development Records Project,responses to aide-memoire, [1978-1984]; photographs of King's African Rifles, [1940s], with list.
Papers of Major Walter S. Gimber
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Afr. s. 1715 (104) (Box 5)
- Dates of Creation[1940s], [1978-1984]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description20 ff.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Major Walter S. Gimber served in the 1/6th Battalion, King's African Rifles,Kenya and Madagascar, 1940-1943, 2nd Battalion, King's African Rifles, Burma,1944, and 3rd Battalion, King's African Rifles, Uganda, 1945.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 920 (104) in Manuscript Collections in RhodesHouse Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library,1996).