Personal data sheet, correspondence with Oxford Development Records Project,responses to aide-memoire, [1978-1984]; scrapbook mainly consisting of photographs taken while on active service, 1935-1953;Central African Post, 5th June 1953.
Papers of Lieut.-Colonel Harold P.L. Glass, MC
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Afr. s. 1715 (105) (Box 5)
- Dates of Creation1935-1953, [1978-1984]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description52 ff., 2 items
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Lieut.-Colonel Harold P.L. Glass, MC served with the 2nd Battalion, King'sAfrican Rifles, Tanganyika, Nyasaland and British Somaliland, 1937-1940, 1stBattalion, Northern Rhodesia Regiment, Abyssinia and Ceylon, 1941-1942,18th Battalion, King's African Rifles, Kenya, 1943, and 1st Battalion,Northern Rhodesia Regiment, Ceylon, Burma, Tanganyika and Northern Rhodesia,1944-1953.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 920 (105) in Manuscript Collections in RhodesHouse Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library,1996).