Miscellaneous prose pieces by Idris Davies, [1930s]-[1940s], comprising an essay entitled 'Teify Side' (ff. 1-3); drafts of a memoir entitled 'A Schoolboy During the Great War' (ff. 4-17); 'Portrait of an Old Welsh Miner' (ff. 18-29); fragment of a novel or short story (ff. 30-4) and draft of the beginning of a novel (ff. 35-9); five brief, surrealistic prose pieces (ff. 40-51); letter to the News Chronicle about a Fascist demonstration in Trafalgar Square, 1937 (ff. 52-7); Holiday in a Mining Valley (ff. 58-73); a Welsh version of 'A Schoolboy During the Great War' (ff. 74-84); and copies of two prose pieces published in Comment, 19 September 1936 and 23 January 1937 (ff. 85-6).
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 22412C
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls004272129(alternative) (WlAbNL)0000272129
- Dates of Creation[1930s]-[1940s]
- Language of MaterialEnglish, Welsh.
- Physical Description86 ff.
Guarded and filed at NLW.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 22412C.
For 'Teify Side' see Islwyn Jenkins, Idris Davies of Rhymney (Llandysul, 1986), pp. 171-2; for 'A Schoolboy During the Great War' see op. cit., pp. 36-8.