Diaries of Idris Davies: 15, [18?]-21 August 1938 (ff. 1-16 verso), 22 August 1939-2 August 1940 (ff. 19-273 verso; the diaries for 1 January-2 August 1940 show signs of having been edited for publication: see f. 296), 7-23 September 1940 (ff. 275-288 verso), 19 February-17 March 1946 (ff. 291-302 verso), 28 February-2 April 1948 (ff. 305-315 verso) and 1 January-18 February 1951 (ff. 331-340 verso). On f. 342 verso is a draft poem and on f. 355 Idris Davies's personal 'Credo' and a declaration about his poetry (the latter printed in Islwyn Jenkins, Idris Davies of Rhymney (Llandysul, 1986), p. 267).
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 22414C
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls004272201(alternative) (WlAbNL)0000272201
- Dates of Creation1938-1951
- Language of MaterialEnglish English.
- Physical Descriptioni, 355 ff. (some blank leaves) ; 235 x 185 mm. and less.
Exercise books and notebooks, guarded and filed.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 22414C.