Two drafts of an incomplete autobiographical work by Idris Davies, [c. 1936], entitled 'Collier Boy' (ff. 1-53); an account of early experiences as a miner (ff. 54-77); a 'Plan For A Novel' set in Rhymney (f. 78 recto-verso); a fragment of a novel or short story (ff. 79-81); a dialogue between William Wordsworth and Greta Garbo (ff. 82-7); an account of the lying-in-state of George V (ff. 88-92); and a short piece looking forward to the publication of A. E. Housman, More Poems (London, 1936) (ff. 93-4).
Collier Boy, &c.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 22409C
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls004271876(alternative) (WlAbNL)0000271876
- Dates of Creation[c. 1936]
- Language of MaterialEnglish English.
- Physical Description94 ff. ; 260 x 160 mm.
Guarded and filed at NLW.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 22409C.
See Islwyn Jenkins, Idris Davies of Rhymney (Llandysul, 1986), pp. 45-50, where an apparently slightly different version of the early experiences as a miner is quoted.