Peter Rowe advised on proposals to create tidal barrages in Morecambe Bay and the Severn Estuary (PWR/4/2/2/1 & PWR/4/2/2/4), neither of which came to fruition. He was also involved in the feasibility studies for the Thames Barrier flood defence system, which became operational in 1982 (PWR/4/2/2/2), and in the construction of a removable cofferdam at the former Smiths Dock, Graythorp, Hartlepool, for the construction of major offshore oil installations (PWR/4/2/2/3).
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 PWR/4/2/2
- Dates of Creation1967-1986
- Physical Description4 sub-subseries (8 items).