This subfonds comprises Peter Rowe's notes for lectures and tutorials given at the University of Manchester, details of research projects undertaken by the University, minutes of departmental committees and miscellaneous administrative material for Manchester University and UMIST. In addition, records relating to Rowe's involvement in the University's Osborne Reynolds Society can be found in this section.
University of Manchester
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 PWR/3
- Dates of Creation1952- 1990
- Physical Description5 series (57 items).
Scope and Content
The subfonds PWR/3 contains the following series:
- PWR/3/1 Lectures, 1952-1987
- PWR/3/2 Senate and Departmental Committee Minutes, 1968-1990
- PWR/3/3 Administration of the Department, 1956-1990
- PWR/3/4 Photographs, 1959-[1970s]
- PWR/3/5 Osborne Reynolds Society, 1984-1985
For ease of reference, records relating to teaching at UMIST (the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology) can be found in this section. UMIST was established in 1824 but in 1905 it became the Faculty of Technology of the Victoria University of Manchester. UMIST became a fully independent institution in 1994. UMIST and the Victoria University of Manchester reunited in 2004 to form the new University of Manchester.