The collection consists of periodicals such as "Liberal Agent" and "Liberal and Radical", as well as year books, song books, annual reports, and published club reports, such as those of the London Liberal Federation and the Cobden Club.
National Liberal Club Published Materials Collection
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3 DM 668 / National Liberal Club Published Materials Collection
- Dates of Creation1869-1960
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description12 archive boxes of loose material, 2 linear metres of bound volumes.
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
These periodicals and publications relating to the Liberal Party were collected by the National Liberal Club, forming part of their library.
The periodicals and pamphlets cover the following dates, respectively:
- Liberal Agent, 1896-1929.
- Liberal and Radical, 1887-1889.
- Liberal Monthly, 1906-1911.
- Publications of the Liberal League, 1902-1904.
- Liberal Magazine, 1893-1949.
- Pamphlets and leaflets of the Liberal Publication Department, 1888-1930.
- Printed ephemera of the Liberal Publication Department, 1960s.
- Liberal Year Book, 1887-1939, incomplete.
- Liberator song book, undated.
- Annual Reports of the London Liberal Federation, 1936-1938.
- Lloyd George Liberal Magazine, 1920-1923.
- Papers of the Cobden Club, 1869-1941.
Conditions Governing Access
Accessible to all bona fide readers.
These papers were purchased from the National Liberal Club by the University of Bristol Special Collections.
Other Finding Aids
Typescript catalogue available in University of Bristol Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission must be obtained from University of Bristol Special Collections.