Letters sent from Ursula Mavis Luard Selby, née Collingwood (1891-1962).
From and to Ursula Mavis Luard Selby, née Collingwood (1891-1962)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1239 462/1/1/9
- Dates of Creation1897-1948
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description21 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
W. G. and Edith’s youngest child, Ursula, was born in 1891. Unlike her siblings, Ursula was sent to boarding school. She trained and worked as a midwife in London and the Lake District from around 1912 to 1925. She married Reverend Reginald Luard-Selby in 1925. Then in the 1940s she began teaching art at Blackwell School. Finally, from the 1950s until her death she worked as a farmer at Underbarrow in the Lake District.