Letters sent from people corresponding with Barbara Gnosspelius.
Sent from others to Barbara Gnosspelius
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1239 462/1/6
- Dates of Creation1920-1955
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description50 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Barbara, W. G. Collingwood and Edith Mary (Dorrie) Isaac’s second child, was born in 1887. She was educated at home by her mother, later at Cope’s School of Art, and the University of Reading. She spent time in Paris studying sculpture and went on to become a successful sculptor. In 1925, Barbara married Oscar Gnosspelius, a civil engineer and pioneering aviator. They had one daughter, Janet. She died in 1961.