This subgroup contains papers which relate principally to the internal running and administration of CQ, rather than its dealings with contributors. It includes a small quantity of corporate records and papers relating to the initial establishment of the journal, as well as files relating to: administration; sales; publicity; the design, printing and publication of CQ; funding and grants; and conferences and competitions organized through the CQ Society. There is also a small quantity of material concerning related publications Critical Survey and Poetry Nation.
Critical Quarterly business and administrative papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 CQA2
- Dates of Creation1958-1989
- Physical Description3 series; 37 items.
Scope and Content
Due to the small scale of the CQ operation and its frequent lack of administrative and clerical support, the business records tended to accumulate in rather a haphazard and disorganized fashion. The first two series in this subgroup do represent clear groupings of records made by the CQ editors, while the third series has been created by the archivist.
The subgroup has been arranged into three series as follows:
- CQA2/1 Files relating to the establishment ofCritical Quarterly
- CQA2/2 General subject files
- CQA2/3 Later business correspondence and papers