- Glasgow: current research (up to 1960), including correspondence detailing Pontecorco's research on recombination and the parasexual cycle as well as experimenting with Aspergillus nidulans and Aspergillus nidulans;
- Research 1960s-1980s, including correspondence on haploidization, the parasexual cycle, and PEG cell fusion;
- Potentially valuable signatures, a bundle of correspondence between Pontecorvo and notable geneticists charting the development of research in genetics and other related fields during the 1940s-1960s;
- Various bundles of correspondence relating to patents and Pontecorvo's research work on Aspergillus, icluding copies of the patents and correspondence with the National Research Development Corporation;
- Miscellaneous correspondence on Pontecorvo's response to a patent dispute and his research on sudden infant death syndrome or cot death.
Most of the bundles of correspondence contain original letters from correspondents, as well as manuscript or carbon copies of Pontecorvo's responses.