- Letter from Marjorie Topley, Past President of Hong Kong Branch, to Miss Gibson, Secretary, Royal Asiatic Society, concerning her possible attendance at the Annual General Meeting. Handwritten, dated 6 April 1984.
- Letter from James Hayes, President, Hong Kong Branch, to Dennis Duncanson, Director, Royal Asiatic Society, concerning a forthcoming seminar to be held at the Hong Kong Branch on Hong Kong's approach to 1997. Typed, dated 31 July 1986. With the letter is a Letter from Ian A Deane to James Hayes concerning the seminar, dated 25 July 1986; papers concerning the proposed conference; and a handwritten copy of a letter from Duncanson to Deane concerning his potential visit to the Royal Asiatic Society.
- Further correspondence between James Hayes and Dennis Duncanson concerning the papers sent, and to enclose a copy of the Draft Agreement for 26 September 1984 (not present) and a copy of press cutting from the South China Morning Post for 16 April 1986, entitle "Draft for the Basic Law" (present). Two letters typed, dated 7 August 1986- 13 August 1986.
- Letter from David Gilkes, President, Hong Kong Branch, to Michael Pollock, Librarian, Royal Asiatic Society, to thank Pollock and Godfrey Goodwin for showing him around the Royal Asiatic Society and to send copies of a short history of the Hong Kong Branch (one copy is with the letter). Typed, dated 11 August 1990.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 891 RAS ALL12/3
- Dates of Creation1984 - 1990
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description10 items