Comprises the personal papers of missionaries who worked for the MMS (or its predecessors) in their districts in Australia, New Zealand and the Islands of the South Seas. Papers relate mainly to missionary work in New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga and Australia (principally Tasmania and New South Wales). There is also a small amount of material relating to South Africa and Jamaica. Includes the papers of John H Bumby (WMMS), James Calvert (WMMS), John Hunt (WMMS), Richard Burdsall Lyth (WMMS) and John & Sarah Thomas (WMMS).
Australasia/South Seas [South Pacific]
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MMS/17/02/10
- Dates of Creation1786-1938
- Language of MaterialEnglish Fijian Tonga (Tonga Islands)
- Physical Description15 boxes
Scope and Content
Only to be viewed on microfiche.
Conditions Governing Use
For permission to publish, please contact Archives & Special Collections, SOAS Library in the first instance