This series contains a transcript of a case by Chelsea Borough Council against the Underground Electric Railways Company of London Limited for allowing black smoke to issue from the chimneys of their generating station at Lots Road. Also includes proof of evidence and a report on the examination on Lots Road Power House and its use of the most suitable coal. The transcript of the second day of the hearing is missing.
Underground Electric Railways Company of London Limited: James William Towle, Power Department: Reports of Proceedings between Chelsea Borough Council and the Underground Electric Railways Company of London Limited
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2856 (NEW)LT000196
- Former ReferenceGB 2856 Part1/1/Series20/2
- Dates of Creationcirca 1907
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description8 folders and papers
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
All surviving files retained.
Retained at Lots Road in the Generation Engineer's Annexe until transfer to the London Transport Group Archive in June 1999.