Contains printed orders from the Army Commander in Chief at the War Office
General Order Book
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1578-rmre/rmre/14
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1578 RMRE/14
- Dates of CreationMay 1874 - Dec 1876
- Physical Description1 volume
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Description compiled by Rosemary Boyns, Consultant Archivist, in accordance with ISAD(G), and with reference to Graham Watson, Militiamen and Sappers. A History of the Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (Militia) (Monmouth, 1996) and to research on Great Castle House by Colonel A.F. George. Description completed January 2008, as part of a project funded by the Welsh Assembly Government under the Museum Challenge Grant Scheme.
Description extensively revised, with the addition of more material, by Rosemary Boyns, Jan-March 2009. The work was part-funded by the Welsh Assembly Government under the Museum Small Grants Scheme and by the Army Museums Ogilby Trust.
Former reference D66