To make a substantive difference to research and learning, harnessing technology to further knowledge and understanding and to create new connections and narratives.
All UK researchers using special collections and archives are aware of the Archives Hub as a resource and understand the benefits of using it.
All repositories holding archives are aware of the Archives Hub and the benefits of contributing to it.
- To provide a comprehensive service reflecting the breadth and diversity of archives and special collections throughout the UK, both physical and digital
- To provide an open discovery service that is highly valued, tailored to users' needs, and saves researchers' time
- To actively look for and implement opportunities to provide value added services that make a real difference to researchers, learners, teachers and contributors
- To have a leading role in the use of technology and advancement of archival discovery
- To promote the understanding of and use of archives in research and in the furtherance of knowledge
- To be an active part of the archives domain and the cultural heritage sector and to foster a culture of collaboration amongst contributors and other stakeholders
- To put the needs of Jisc members at the forefront of our developments whilst also providing a service that is of value to anyone looking for special collections and archives
The Steering Committee works with the Service Manager to set the priorities and direction of the service.
Steering Committee Terms of Reference
- The University of Glasgow
- The University of Manchester
- Durham University
- The University of Brighton Design Archives
- Queens University Belfast
- Cardiff University
- The University of Cambrridge
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- Borthwick Institute, University of York