The ICRC's collections of sound recordings, film footage, videos and photos illustrate and document the activities of the ICRC and of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement as a whole from the end of the 19th century up to the present day, in all operational contexts. These archives have been continually expanded over more than 150 years and today represent a significant heritage in the field of humanitarian law and action. They preserve the memory of victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence to which the ICRC has responded throughout its history.
International Committee of the Red Cross Audiovisual archives
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Administered by
- ReferenceGB ah100 icrcaudiovisualarchives
- Dates of Creation1860 - ongoing
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish French Arabic Spanish Russian Portuguese German Chinese Italian Japanese Thai Amharic Bosnian Ukrainian Persian Vietnamese Albanian Indonesian Macedonian Sinhala Tamil
- Physical Description
Scope and Content
This is a description of an online resource . Online Resources are websites that describe, interpret and provide access to archives. They often provide access to digital content but they may also describe physical materials. They usually cover a theme or topic, such as an individual, a movement, or an important historical event.
Other Finding Aids
Access this resource online: https://avarchives.icrc.org/