University of Gloucestershire Special Collections and Archives
- Advice on accessing these materials
- +44 (0)1242 714851
- Swindon Road, Cheltenham, GL50 4AZ, England, United Kingdom
- The Special Collections and Archives are located in the Social Learning Zone at Francis Close Hall campus (QU024).
- Opening Hours
- Appointments are available during the following hours (both term-time and holiday):Monday 10am - 4pmTuesday 10am - 4pmWednesday 10am - 4pmThursday 10am - 4pmFriday 10am - 4pm
- Archival and Other Holdings
We are the official repository for the historic records of the University of Gloucestershire and also house an eclectic mix of several special collections relating to Gloucestershire and beyond.
Along with the University Archive collection, we are custodians of the Bristol & Gloucestershire Archaeological Society Library which offers a fine selection of books and journals on subjects such as archaeology, history, geography and architecture to name a few. We curate and maintain the Gloucestershire Poets, Writers and Artists Collection, which includes works and artifacts relating to the Dymock Poets, Whittington Press, U.A. Fanthorpe and James Elroy Flecker. We are also custodians of the Triggs Reser (Banjo) Collection and the Local Heritage Initiative archive.