- Advice on accessing these materials
- +44(0)1597 826088
- Powys County Hall,Spa Road East, Llandrindod Wells, PowysLD1 5LG, United Kingdom
- Powys County Archives Office is situated on the County Hall site in Llandrindod Wells, Powys. County Hall is well signposted from the A483 which runs through the middle of the town, and there is ample parking for cars.
- Opening Hours
- For information about current pening hours please see: http://www.powys.gov.uk/en/archives/find-archives-local-records/archives-office-location-opening-hours/
- Access Information
- It is essential to book an appointment before visiting.
- Photographs Allowed
- depending on the material
- Reproduction Services
- Archival and Other Holdings
Our collections date from the fourteenth century. The archives holds official and privately owned records relating to Powys and its predecessor counties - Breconshire, Radnorshire and Montgomeryshire, including:• Local authority collections• Quarter Sessions and magistrates’ courts records• Poor Law and workhouse records• Estate and family papers• Records of societies and businesses• Schools records• Parish registers and census returns on microfilm/fiche• Maps and plans
Powys Archives serves as the official repository for the records of the modern county of Powys (first established in 1974) and the three former counties of Breconshire, Montgomeryshire and Radnorshire.
- Breconshire Constabulary Records
- Breconshire Lord Lieutenancy and Advisory Committee Records
- Burial Authorities
- Charity Commission Accounts: Breconshire
- Items donated by Major J.A. Pearce
- Mines and Quarries Inspectorate Montgomeryshire Records
- Montgomeryshire Shrievalty
- National Park Records
- Pryce Jones and other records