Institute of Education Library and Archives, University College London
- Advice on accessing these materials
- +44(0)20 7612 6983
- 20 Bedford Way, London, WC1H 0AL, England, United Kingdom
- Opening Hours
- Tuesday-Thursday 8.30-16.00, by appointment. / See the website for term time and vacation opening hours.
- Access Information
- By appointment only. Special Collections material should be requested in advance and must be consulted in the Archives Reading Room at a mutually agreed time.
- Archival and Other Holdings
The Institute of Education holds collections of archive materials ranging in date from 1797 to the present day. These archives are intended to reflect the broadest possible range of issues and concerns surrounding teaching and lifelong learning in past, present and future societies. This includes all levels of education from pre-school and school through to further, higher, teacher and adult education, in formal, informal and experimental settings. It includes research, practice, policy and thought in education and related areas. They provide a rich resource for the history of education and educationists both in this country and abroad.
Deposited Collections, given to us by people and organisations related in some way to education. There are over 100 of these, ranging in size from one box to over 300.
The Institute Archive, comprising the records of the Institute of Education itself, dating from its creation in 1902.
- Dorothy Glynn: slide collection
- Girls' Day School Trust (GDST) and predecessors
- Papers of Amelia Fysh
- Papers of Arabella Kurdi
- Papers of Cynthia Reynolds
- Papers of Dorothy Gardner
- Papers of Eileen Molony
- Papers of Ethel Martha Hatchard nee Smith
- Papers of George and Judith Baines
- Papers of Harold and Pamela Silver
- Papers of Hilde Jarecki
- Papers of Isabel Fry
- Papers of Katherine Bathurst
- Papers of Margaret Read
- Papers of Mary Irene Anderson
- Papers of Mimi Hatton
- Papers of Professor Kate Myers
- Papers of Sophia Weitzman
- Papers of Susan Isaacs
- Papers of the Forest School Camps
- Records of the National Union of Women Teachers