The Rothschild Archive
- Advice on accessing these materials
- New Court, St Swithin's Lane, London, England, United Kingdom
- Opening Hours
- Monday-Friday 10.00-16.15 / By prior appointment only
- Access Information
- Researchers must first register with The Rothschild Research Forum, providing two academic references.
- Archival and Other Holdings
The records of the London firm, N M Rothschild & Sons, and papers of the French bank of M M de Rothschild Fréres form the core of the Archive collection, reflecting the activities of the other Rothschild banks through many series of correspondence and accounts that circulated between them. Most of the collection is held in London, with the business papers of de Rothschild Frères being held on deposit by the Archives Nationales du Monde du Travail in Roubaix, France. Records of many of the Rothschild family's other activities were maintained by the London and Paris houses, including accounts for the management of their estates and some correspondence. The family's other interests are reflected in the growing collections of personal papers that the Archive has been fortunate enough to attract.