West Dunbartonshire Council Archive Services - Clydebank
- Advice on accessing these materials
- +44 (0)1389 772 147
- Clydebank Library, Dumbarton Road, Clydebank, G81 1XH, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Opening Hours
- Tuesday-Wednesday 9.30-5.00; Thursday 1.30-5.00; Friday 9.30-5.00.
- Access Information
- Book in advance.
- Archival and Other Holdings
A unique collection of information on the history and culture of Clydebank and surrounding area including the villages of Duntocher, Hardgate and Old Kilpatrick.
The industrial history of Clydebank and the Clydebank Blitz are particularly well represented in the collection with books, maps, pamphlets, reminiscences, photographs and newspapers.
- Business Records and Plans of Singer Manufacturing Co. / Singer Manufacturing Co. Ltd
- Personal Papers of Finlay Hart (1901-1989), Communist Party Councillor
- Plans of Fairfield Titan Crane
- Records of 'Morvet' Post Office Building, Hardgate, Clydebank
- Records of Clydebank Co-operative Society Ltd.
- Records of Clydebank Cricket Club
- Records of Singer Manufacturing Company Ltd. Trade Unions
- Records of the Clydesdale Harriers, Amateur Athletics Club, Clydebank
- Records of the Duntocher Curling Club
- Records of UiE Scotland Ltd