English Faculty Library, University of Oxford
- Advice on accessing these materials
- +44(0)1865 271050
- St Cross Building, Manor Road, Oxford, OX1 3UQ, England, United Kingdom
- Opening Hours
- Term:Mon-Fri 9.00-19.00,Sat 10.00-13.00Vacation: Mon-Fri 9.00-17.00,Sat Closed
- Full details of opening hours: http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/english/about/hours
- Archival and Other Holdings
The archives which the library preserves are mainly the personal papers of previous faculty members, but also include the (Wilfred and Harold) Owen collection and the papers of E.H.W. Meyerstein.
The English Faculty Library (EFL) was founded in 1914 and exists primarily to serve all those reading and teaching English at Oxford, as well as other readers requiring access to its collections. For many years it was housed in the attic of the Examination Schools before moving into the purpose-built St Cross Building in 1965.