Lancaster University Archives
- Advice on accessing these materials
- +44 (0)1524 592516
- Bailrigg, Lancaster, LA1 4YH, England, United Kingdom
- Opening Hours
- Monday - Friday booked in advance by appointment. Core hours 10am-2pm. Outside those hours subject to availability of staff.
- Archival and Other Holdings
The University Library is in the centre of the campus in Alexandra Square. It was opened in January 1967. A major extension was completed in January 1997 almost doubling the Library's size and containing a purpose built Special Collections and Archives area. The collections reflect the teachings and research of the University. One of the collections housed within the Rare Book Archive is the Jack Hylton Archive.
Some collections, for example our Patten Second World War collection, are available via our catalogue https://onesearch.lancaster-university.uk/. Other collections will be available via the Archives Hub including Beetham Vestry Library, Burnley Grammar School Library, Cartmel Priory Library, Jack Hylton Archive, Stanley Lawrence Archive.
- Beetham Vestry Library
- Burnley Grammar School Library
- Cartmel Priory Library
- Changing Faces Archive
- Health and Social Consequences of the 2001 Foot and Mouth Epidemic in North Cumbria
- Jack Hylton Archive
- Patten Collection, World War, 1939-1945.
- Records of the University of Lancaster
- Robert Fitzgibbon Young Archive
- Stanley Lawrence Archive