Theatres Trust Resource Centre
- +44 (0)20 7836 8591
- 22 Charing Cross Road, London WC2H 0QL, England, United Kingdom
- Opening Hours
- Mon-Fri 10:30-16:30 by appointment
- Facilities for Disabled Persons
- The Resource Centre is located on the first floor. There is a lift but this is not always suitable for wheelchairs. Should you have any access requirements please contact The Theatres Trust.
- Archival and Other Holdings
The Theatres Trust is the National Advisory Public Body for Theatres, founded by an Act of Parliament in 1976 to "promote the better protection of theatres". It is a statutory consultee in the planning system, provides advice and grants to theatres, and champions theatres at risk. The Theatres Trust Resource Centre is located in the heart of London's Theatreland and provides access to the Trust's reference library, institutional archive and donated special collections.
The collections focus on theatre buildings, their architecture, design, management and history. Our institutional archive charts the development of, and The Theatres Trust's relationship with, theatre buildings in the United Kingdom, and primarily contains correspondence, building descriptions, photographs, press cuttings, architectural plans and planning applications. The donated special collections consist primarily of theatre photographs, postcards, press cuttings and scrapbooks. Other resources provided by The Theatres Trust include an online Theatres Database and Image Library.
Please note that because The Theatres Trust's focus is on theatre buildings, we do not generally hold theatre programmes, playbills, or information on performers.