University of Central Lancashire Archives and Special Collections
- Advice on accessing these materials
- UCLan Library, St Peters Square, Preston PR1 2HE, England, United Kingdom
- Opening Hours
- Please see http://www.uclan.ac.uk/students/study/library/opening_hours.php for details of opening hours.
- Access Information
- For access information please see https://www.uclan.ac.uk/students/study/library/special_collections.php
- Advance Orders
- If you would like to view materials from any of the Special Collections, or you would like to discuss how these resources can be used to help in your teaching and learning, please email email@example.com
- Archival and Other Holdings
The University has Special Collections of unique and unusual items. They include the Livesey Collection of temperance material, Illustrated Books Collection - a varied collection of illustrated books, including award-winning examples of children's picture books, The Wainwright Collection - late Victorian texts covering a range of topics related to British and Irish political history and The Horrocks Collection – a history of Astronomy in Preston. In addition we house historical material pertinent to the University dating back to its inception in 1828.