MS ink on paper. Many with pencil annotations.
In various - all unidentified - hands.
All pieces by Thomas Arne from his masque, 'Comus' (1738).
- 'The Dances in 'Comus' Pianoforte Arrangement' [16 pages]
- 2) 'By dimpled brook' 5 string parts
- 3) 'Ye fawns & ye dryads' : piano, conductor and 4 string parts
- 6) 'Preach not me your musty rules': conductor and 4 string parts
- 7) 'By the rushy fringed bank': one unidentified part in bass clef and 4 string parts
- 8) 'Shepherd 'tis my office best' : one unidentified part in bass clef and 4 string parts
- 11) 'Nor on beds of fading flowers' 2 oboes and 4 string parts
Lots of pencil annotations, red pencil numbered parts.