Soldiers' service and pay book (14 April 1914); Photograph album (1919-1923); Booklet The Twenty-Third Indian Division (nd); Officer's record of service (25 March 1946); Metal tin of medals, badges and coins (1914-1919, 1939-1945, 1951); Group photograph (?1953-?1958); MBE medal, with certificate and letters (16 December 1943, 16 December 1946, nd).
Harold Grimley papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection EP 026
- Dates of Creation1914-1958
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, photographs, and printed material. Includes a tin of medals, badges, and coins.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Harold Bridgeman Grimley was born in 1897 at Murree in India. As a Lieutenant, ASC (Army Service Corps), he served in Egypt/Palestine during the First World War, and afterwards in India. He later became a Lieutenant Colonel and was awarded the MBE.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Miss Joan Grimley and Miss Diana Grimley (daughters) per Mrs A. Leslie (niece).
Other Finding Aids
Egypt/Palestine catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available