Letters to HLP from Arthur Murphy, an author and actor. Murphy was one of the few members of Johnson's circle to support HLP's marriage to Piozzi. He was also Henry Thrale's lawyer. The later letters are partly concerned with legal matters bearing on Thrale family affairs:
- with number 30 (21 March 1797) is a draft of a letter to be copied out and signed by the Piozzis;
- number 42, enclosed with number 41, is a bill for wines sent to Mr Mostyn;
- number 45 (30 July 1797) is a copy by HLP of Mr Murphy's long letter about Cecilia Mostyn [HLP's daughter];
- number 51 is another copy by HLP;
- number 52 is a draft of a note to Joseph Fitzwilliam Vandercom.