Large pen and ink drawing of a domestic scene in the house at Streatham Park, showing six figures seated at a card table, playing musical instruments or standing admiring the performers. The drawing is signed 'C.M.T.' [HLP's daughter Cecilia Margareta Thrale, later Mostyn], and entitled A scene in Streatham Park Library. Twentieth-century pencil annotations offer possible identification of two figures as Dr Michael Lort and Samuel Lysons. A small sheet of apparently unrelated notes is loosely enclosed.
Pen and Ink Drawing
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 633
- Dates of Creationn.d. [c 1790]
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1128 mm x 300 mm (folded). 1 item; Drawing on paper backed onto linen and guarded into a buckram-covered volume.