G. K. CHESTERTON PAPERS. VOL. III (ff. 33). Letters of support sent to various bodies, with correspondence seeking such letters; 1927-1934. Autograph draft of message of support for tenth anniversary of the Polish Republic, probably sent by telegram, 1928, with telegram request (ff. 11-14). The remainder are typewritten copies. Includes 'Message for the Poles', 1927, (f. 1); 'Message for the Everyman Library', 1928, with a letter from Messrs J. M. Dent (ff. 2, 3); 'Appeal for Belgrave Hospital', 1928 (ff. 4, 5); message for new year 1928 to Sweden, with two letters from Gustaf Hellström (ff. 6-8); 'Message for Silver book published in aid of Aberdeen hospitals', 1928, with a letter from the organiser of the appeal (ff. 9, 10); message for 'Appeal for Children's Orthopædic Hospital, Bath', 1929, with four letters from the appeal organiser (ff. 15-19); message 'For Sheed & Ward', 1933 (ff. 20-21); election address as candidate for the post of Rector of the University of Aberdeen, 1933 (ff. 22-24); 'Election address for Distributist Party, Glasgow University', 1934, with two letters from the Glasgow University Distributist Club (ff. 25-31); circular letter with facsimile signature to parishioners of St Teresa's Church, Beaconsfield, on the 25th anniversary of the ordination of Charles William Smith, parish priest, with an address by Chesterton to Fr. Smith, 1934 (ff. 32-33).
- f. 1 Etienne de Kieczkowski, of Paris: Message from G. K. Chesterton for his Polish friends, sent to Etienne de Kieczkowski: 1927: Typewritten.
- ff. 1, 14 Poland. General: Message of support from G. K. Chesterton: 1927, 1928.
- f. 2 Hugh Railton Dent, publisher: Letter to D. E. Collins from Hugh Railton Dent: 1928: Signed.
- f. 3 Everyman Library: Message of support from G. K. Chesterton: 1928: Typewritten.
- f. 4 Belgrave Hospital: Letter of support from G. K. Chesterton to Belgrave Hospital: 1928: Typewritten.
- ff. 4-5, 10, 19 Hospitals: Messages of support for Belgrave, Aberdeen and Bath hospitals from G. K. Chesterton: 1928, 1929: Typewritten.
- ff. 6,7 Gustaf Hellström: Letters to D. E. Collins requesting support from G. K. Chesterton from Gustaf Hellström: 1927.
- f. 8 Sweden General: Message for New Year 1928 from G. K. Chesterton: .
- f. 9 J. Wilkinson, of Aberdeen: Letter to G. K. Chesterton from J. Wilkinson: 1928: Signed.
- ff. 15-18 M. Forrester-Brown, MD, of the Bath Children's Orthopaedic Hospital: Letters to G. K. Chesterton from M. Forrester-Brown: 1929: Signed.
- ff. 20-21 Sheed and Ward; publishers: Message from G. K. Chesterton on behalf of Sheed and Ward (publishers): 1933: Typewritten.
- ff. 22-24 University of Aberdeen: Election address by G. K. Chesterton as candidate for Rectorship: 1933: Typewritten.
- ff. 25-29 John Bayne, of Glasgow University Distributist Club: Letters to G. K. Chesterton from John Bayne: 1934.
- ff. 30-31 University of Glasgow: Election address for Distributist Party by G. K. Chesterton: 1934: Typewritten.
- f. 33 Monsignor Charles William Smith, parish priest of Beaconsfield: Open letter of congratulation from G. K. Chesterton to Monsignor Charles William Smith: : Typewritten.