G. K. CHESTERTON PAPERS. VOL. CCXCV C (ff. 54). Correspondence and papers of Cyril Clemens; 1927-1974, n.d. Partly French. Mostly typewritten and photocopies, partly printed. Consists of letters, copies of letters and of articles, etc., concerning Chesterton, mostly sent by Clemens to Dorothy Collins. The items are arranged as far as possible in their original order of composition rather than in the order in which they were sent by Clemens. The letter from André Gide to Clemens (f. 53) is published in Return to Chesterton, p. 6.
Dorothy Edith Collins, secretary to G K Chesterton: Cyril Coniston Clemens, President, International Mark Twain Society: Correspondence with enclosures rel. to G. K. Chesterton of Cyril Coniston Clemens with Dorothy Edith Collins: 1927-1974, n.d.: Partly signed.
- ff. 14-16 Alfred Noyes, poet: Article on G. K. Chesterton: : Typewritten copy.
- f. 18 J. Corson Miller, American poet: Letter to C. C. Clemens from J. Corson Miller: 1937: Photocopy. Imperf.
- f. 19 Edward Cassidy, of Chicago: Letter to C. C. Clemens from Edward Cassidy: 1937.
- f. 23 Eugene Gladstone O'Neill, playwright: Letter to C. C. Clemens from Eugene Gladstone O'Neill: 1937: Photocopy.
- f. 24 Daniel Kern, of Brooklyn: Letter to C. C. Clemens from Daniel Kern: 1937.
- f. 26 Rose Cecil O'Neill, afterwards Wilson; American author and illustrator: Letter to C. C. Clemens from Rose Cecil O'Neill: [1938?]: Photocopy.
- f. 27 Reverend Leo L. Ward, brother of Maisie Ward: Letter to C. C. Clemens from Rev. Leo L. Ward: 1939: Signed.
- f. 31 Lilian S. Chesterton, of Ottawa: Letter to C. C. Clemens from Lilian S. Chesterton: 1944: Signed.
- f. 32 Cyril Coniston Clemens, President, International Mark Twain Society: Ronald Richings, of Horsham: Letter to Cyril Coniston Clemens from Ronald Richings: 1947: Photocopy.
- ff. 33-39 Joseph Hilaire Pierre Belloc, author: Ada Elizabeth Chesterton, née Jones; journalist and author, wife of Cecil Chesterton: Article by Ada Elizabeth Chesterton rel. to Hilaire Belloc: : Typewritten copy.
- f. 53 André Paul Guillaume Gide, author: Letter to [C. C. Clemens?] from André Paul Guillaume Gide: n.d.: Fr: Negative photocopy.