G. K. CHESTERTON PAPERS. VOL. LVI (ff. 151). Correspondence with:
1. ff. 1-11v. Philip Napier Waggett; -1918, n.d.
2. f. 12. William Henry Wagstaff, of the Royal Society of Literature; 1928.
3. ff. 13-20. Mildred Wain afterw. d'Avigdor; [1897?] - circa 1929, n.d. Typewritten copies of letters from Chesterton. Three letters published in Ward, Gilbert Keith Chesterton, pp. 79, 80, 84.
4. ff. 21-22. Letter to Thomas Walker from Chesterton; . With a typewritten copy stating that the letter was not sent.
5. f. 23. Typewritten copy of a letter from Dorothy Collins to Sidney Wallach, quoting an answer from Chesterton to a letter from Wallach; 1929.
6. ff. 24-30. Sir Hugh Seymour Walpole; 1916-1935. Partly signed.
7. ff. 31-34v. Josephine Ward; circa 1908-. With a letter (probably not sent) and a typewritten copy of a letter from Chesterton. Published in Ward, Gilbert Keith Chesterton, pp. 228-229, 331.
8. ff. 35-35v. Leo L. Ward; 1929.
9. ff. 36-36v. Alice Warrener; 1923.
10. ff. 37-41v. Sir John William Watson; 1913-1915.
11. ff. 42-50v. Mary Fraser Watts; [1904-1906].
12. ff. 51-54v. Walter Theodore Watts-Dunton; 1907. One letter published in D. Barker, op. cit., p. 131.
13. ff. 55-59. Correspondence with Josiah Clement Wedgwood, Baron Wedgwood; 1915. Partly signed. The letter to Lord Wedgwood is a typewritten copy with a covering signed letter and acknowledgement of 1951 from Messrs Jonathan Cape to Dorothy Collins.
14. ff. 60-61. Winifred Stephens Whale; 1924.
15. ff. 62-63. Harvey Wickham; 1930. Signed.
16. ff. 64-67v. Philip Henry Wicksteed; 1903-1904.
17. ff. 68-69. Charles Williams; 1930-1935. Signed.
18. ff. 70-73. Sir Ernest Hodder Williams; 1894-1898.
19. ff. 74-76v. Robert McNair Wilson; 1934-1935.
20. ff. 77-77v. M. J. Woddis; 1929.
21. ff. 78-86v. Humbert Wolfe; 1924-1929, n.d. Partly signed, partly typewritten. Includes a typewritten poem by Wolfe entitled 'Rule Britannia' and an unattributed poem entitled 'The Great War'.
22. ff. 87-87v. B. Wood-Hill; 1927.
23. ff. 88-89. John Douglas Woodruff; .
24. ff. 90-94v. Margaret Louise Woods; [1910-1928?].
25. ff. 95-105. George Wyndham; 1906-1911. Partly typewritten copies. One letter published in D. Barker, op. cit., p. 204.
26. f. 106. Guy Wyndham; 1913.
27. ff. 107-117v. Sibell Mary Wyndham, Countess Grosvenor; -1922.
28. ff. 118-121. Charles Robert Wynn-Carrington, Marquess of Lincolnshire; 1918-1919, n.d. Partly printed.
29. ff. 122-125. John Butler Yeats; 1917-1919. With a typewritten copy of one letter.
30. ff. 126-136. William Butler Yeats; [1903-1924], n.d. With typewritten copies of some of the letters.
31. f. 137. Francis Yeats-Brown; .
32. ff. 138-138v. Sir Francis Edward Younghusband; 1915.
33. f. 139. Israel Zangwill; 1925.
34. ff. 140-142v. Letter from an unidentified former school colleague of Chesterton's; 1895. Imperfect.
35. f. 143. Letter from an unidentified person concerning Chesterton's visit to Poland; 1924.
36. ff. 144-145. Letter from unidentified correspondent in Rangoon, pointing out some errors in 'The ballad of the White Horse'; 1928.
37. ff. 146-148. Letter to an American university concerning lectures proposed for Chesterton's visit of 1930-1931; circa 1930. Typewritten copy, signed.
38. f. 149. Reply from Dorothy Collins expressing Chesterton's views on asceticism to an unknown correspondent; 1931. Typewritten copy.
39. ff. 150-151. Letter to a lady who had enquired about the ethics of marriage; circa 1909. Typewritten copy. Published in D. B. Wyndham Lewis (ed.), G. K. Chesterton: an Anthology (1957), pp. 6-9.
- ff. 1-11v Philip Napier Waggett, SSJE: Letters to G. K. Chesterton from Philip Napier Waggett: -1918, n.d.
- f. 12 William Henry Wagstaff, of the Royal Society of Literature: Letter to G. K. Chesterton from William Henry Wagstaff: 1928.
- ff. 13-20 Mildred Wain, afterwards D'Avigdor: Letters from G. K. Chesterton to Mildred Wain: [1897?]-circa 1929, n.d.: Typewritten copies.
- ff. 21-22 Thomas Walker, RC priest, of Beaconsfield: Letter from G. K. Chesterton to Thomas Walker: : Typewritten copy.
- f. 23 Dorothy Edith Collins, secretary to G K Chesterton: Sidney Wallach: Letter on behalf of G. K. Chesterton to Sidney Wallach from Dorothy Edith Collins: 1929: Typewritten copy.
- ff. 24-30 Sir Hugh Seymour Walpole, author: Letters to G. K. Chesterton from Sir Hugh Seymour Walpole: 1916-1935: Partly signed.
- ff. 31-34v Josephine Mary Ward, wife of W P Ward: Correspondence with G. K. Chesterton of Josephine Mary Ward: circa 1908-: Partly typewritten copy.
- f. 35 Reverend Leo L. Ward, brother of Maisie Ward: Letter to G. K. Chesterton from Rev. Leo L. Ward: 1929.
- f. 36 Alice Warrener, of Chesham: Letter to G. K. Chesterton from Alice Warrener: 1923.
- ff. 37-41v Frances Alice Chesterton, née Blogg; wife of G K Chesterton: Sir John William Watson, poet: Letters to G. K. and Frances Chesterton from Sir John William Watson: 1913-1915.
- ff. 42-50v Frances Alice Chesterton, née Blogg; wife of G K Chesterton: Mary Fraser Watts, wife of G F Watts: Letters to G. K. and Frances Chesterton from Mary Fraser Watts: [1904-1906].
- ff. 51-54v Walter Theodore Watts-Dunton, formerly Watts; critic, novelist and poet: Frances Alice Chesterton, née Blogg; wife of G K Chesterton: Letters to G. K. and Frances Chesterton from Walter Theodore Watts-Dunton: 1907.
- ff. 55-56, 59 Josiah Clement Wedgwood, 1st Baron Wedgwood: Correspondence of G. K. Chesterton with Josiah Clement Wedgwood: 1915: Partly signed, partly typewritten copy.
- ff. 57-58 Dorothy Edith Collins, secretary to G K Chesterton: George Ellard, of Jonathan Cape Ltd: Jonathan Cape; publishers: Letters to Dorothy Edith Collins from George Ellard on behalf of Jonathan Cape (publishers): 1951: Signed.
- f. 60 Winifred Stephens Whale, writer in French history and literature: Letter to G. K. Chesterton from Winifred Stephens Whale: 1924.
- f. 62 Harvey Wickham, author: Letter to G. K. Chesterton from Harvey Wickham: 1930: Signed.
- ff. 64-67v Reverend Philip Henry Wicksteed, author: Letters to G. K. Chesterton from Rev. Philip Henry Wicksteed: 1903-1904.
- ff. 68-69 Charles Williams, journalist: Dorothy Edith Collins, secretary to G K Chesterton: Letters to G. K. Chesterton and D. E. Collins from Charles Williams: 1930-1935: Signed.
- ff. 70-73 Sir John Ernest Hodder Williams, publisher: Letters to G. K. Chesterton from Sir John Ernest Hodder Williams: 1894-1900.
- ff. 74-76v Robert McNair Wilson, of 'The Times': Letters to G. K. Chesterton from Robert McNair Wilson: 1934-1935.
- f. 77 M. J. Woddis, journalist: Letter to G. K. Chesterton from M. J. Woddis: 1929.
- ff. 78-86v Humbert Wolfe, Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Labour; writer: Letters to G. K. Chesterton from Humbert Wolfe: 1924-1929, n.d.: Partly signed.
- ff. 81, 86-86v Poetry ENGLISH: Humbert Wolfe, Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Labour; writer: Two poems 'Rule Britannia' and 'The Great War' by Humbert Wolfe: , n.d.: Partly typewritten.
- f. 87 B. Wood-Hill, of Wimbledon: Letter to G. K. Chesterton from B. Wood-Hill: 1927.
- ff. 88-89 John Douglas Woodruff, editor, 'The Tablet': Letters to G. K. Chesterton from John Douglas Woodruff: .
- ff. 90-91, 93 Margaret Louise Woods, author: Letters to F. A. Chesterton from Margaret Louise Woods: -1936.
- ff. 92, 94 Margaret Louise Woods, author: Letters to G. K. Chesterton from Margaret Louise Woods: circa 1919-[1928?].
- ff. 95-105 George Wyndham, PC; MP: Letters to G. K. Chesterton from George Wyndham: 1906-1911: Partly typewritten copy.
- f. 105 Frances Alice Chesterton, née Blogg; wife of G K Chesterton: Guy Wyndham, son of George Wyndham, PC, MP: Letter to Frances Alice Chesterton from Guy Wyndham: 1913.
- ff. 107-117v Sibell Mary Wyndham, formerly Grosvenor; wife of G Wyndham, PC, MP; widow of Victor, Earl Grosvenor: Letters to G. K. and Frances Chesterton from Sibell Mary Wyndham: -1922.
- ff. 118-121 Charles Robert Wynn-Carrington, Earl Carrington; Marquess of Lincolnshire; formerly Carington formerly Carrington: Correspondence with G. K. Chesterton rel. to nomination as J.P of Charles Robert Wynn-Carrington: 1918-1919: Partly printed.
- ff. 122-125 John Butler Yeats, RHA; father of W B and J B Yeats: Letters to G. K. Chesterton from John Butler Yeats: 1917-1919: Partly typewritten copy.
- ff. 126-136 William Butler Yeats, poet: Letters to G. K. Chesterton from William Butler Yeats: -1935, n.d.: Partly signed, partly typewritten copies.
- f. 137 Francis Yeats-Brown, editor of 'The Spectator': Letters to G. K. Chesterton from Francis Yeats-Brown: 1933-1934: Partly signed.
- f. 138 Sir Francis Edward Younghusband, KCSI: 'Fight for Right' Movement: Letter to G. K. Chesterton from Sir Francis Edward Younghusband on behalf of "Fight for Right" Movement: 1915.
- f. 139 Israel Zangwill, author and Zionist: Letters to G. K. Chesterton from Israel Zangwill: 1925.