G. K. CHESTERTON PAPERS. VOL. XIV (ff. 46).
1. ff. 1-16v. Letters from Robert Ernest Vernède; [1892-1898?].
2. ff. 17-46. Correspondence of Chesterton with Herbert George Wells, with other related correspondence; [1905?]-1937. Includes correspondence between Chesterton and W. R. Titterton concerning an attack on Wells in The New Witness in 1919 (ff. 35-37), and a typewritten copy of a letter of 1937 from Wells to ― Hennessy (f. 46) acknowledging the receipt of a copy of the letter to Titterton from Chesterton, which is included in the collection. Also includes a letter from Catherine Wells to Frances Chesterton (f. 39), and a letter from H. G. Wells to Frances Chesterton, in response to her request for letters from G. K. Chesterton (f. 44). Some letters are printed in Ward, Gilbert Keith Chesterton, pp. 320-321, 334-335, 350-353, 369-371, 513-514. See also correspondence between E. S. P. Haynes and Chesterton in Add. 73237.
- ff. 1-16v Robert Ernest Vernède, writer: Letters to G. K. Chesterton from Robert Ernest Vernède: -1898?.
- ff. 17-43, passim Herbert George Wells, author: Correspondence with G. K. Chesterton of Herbert George Wells: [1905?]-1933.
- ff. 33, 38 William Richard Titterton, author and journalist: Herbert George Wells, author: Letter to William Richard Titterton from Herbert George Wells: 1919.
- ff. 35-37 William Richard Titterton, author and journalist: Correspondence with G. K. Chesterton: 1919-1930: Partly typewritten copies, partly signed.
- f. 39 Amy Catherine Wells, née Robbins; 2nd wife of H G Wells: Frances Alice Chesterton, née Blogg; wife of G K Chesterton: Letter to Frances Alice Chesterton from Amy Catherine Wells: 1921.
- f. 44 Herbert George Wells, author: Frances Alice Chesterton, née Blogg; wife of G K Chesterton: Letter to Frances Alice Chesterton from Herbert George Wells: 1937.
- f. 46 Herbert George Wells, author: Hennessy: Letter to — Hennessy from Herbert George Wells: 1937: Typewritten copy.