G. K. CHESTERTON PAPERS. VOL. LXV (ff. 193). Papers for Orthodoxy, Magic, and The Flying Inn and a projected collection of poems; circa 1908-1928. Mostly typewritten. Orthodoxy was published London: John Lane, 1908 (Sullivan, no. 13), Magic was published London: Martin Secker, 1913 (Sullivan, no. 30); see also Add. 73355 B. The novel The Flying Inn was published London: Methuen, 1914 (Sullivan, no. 31).
1. ff. 1-22. Typewritten copy of Act 1 of the play 'Magic'; 1913.
2. ff. 23-32v. Autograph notes for Chesterton's dramatisation of his novel The Flying Inn, made with a view to its production as an opera; 1928. See also Add. 73359 C.
3. ff. 33-111. Typewritten copy of Chesterton's dramatisation of The Flying Inn, with songs additional to those in the novel; n.d.
4. ff. 112-178. An electrostatic copy of the preceding, with additions, as published in slightly amended form in C.W., vol. 11, pp. 142-205; n.d.
5. f. 179. One leaf of an early draft of 'Orthodoxy'; circa 1908. Autograph (?).
6. ff. 180-193. A collection of poems, first published in The Eye-Witness or The New Witness, possibly prepared for a new collection or addition to an existing collection; circa 1915. Typewritten. Some of these poems were published in The Collected Poems of G. K. Chesterton (1927).