G. K. CHESTERTON PAPERS. VOL. CCLXXXV (ff. 39). Miscellaneous papers relating to Frances Chesterton; 1920 - circa 1938. Includes newspaper cuttings of some of her poems (ff. 1-6, 37); doctors' reports on her health from 1920 to 1928 (ff. 7-30); marked proof of her short play 'The Christmas gift' (ff. 31-32v); a visiting card (f. 33); three leaves extracted from her diary covering the period of Chesterton's death and funeral (ff. 34-36v); a memorial card (f. 38); a card notifying Dorothy Collins that the name of Frances Chesterton had been enrolled on the Prinknash Kalendar of Everlasting Remembrance (f. 39).
- ff. 1-6, 37 Poetry ENGLISH: Frances Alice Chesterton, née Blogg; wife of G K Chesterton: Poems by Frances Alice Chesterton: 1893-1938: Partly copies, partly printed.
- f. 7 Sydney Russell Wells, medical consultant: Letter to Dr G. V. Bakewell from Sydney Russell Wells: 1920: Signed.
- ff. 7-30 Medicine and Surgery: Dr George Victor Bakewell, of Beaconsfield: Letters rel. to F. A. Chesterton to Dr. George Victor Bakewell: 1920-1925.
- ff. 8-25, 27, 30 James Beaver Mennell, physician: Letters, etc., to Dr G. V. Bakewell rel. to F. A. Chesterton from James Beaver) Mennell: 1920-1924: Signed.
- f. 26 Dr Harold Gardiner-Hill, FRCP; endocrinologist: Letter to Dr. G. V. Bakewell from Dr Harold Gardiner-Hill: 1924.
- f. 28 Dr Frederick George Thomson, of Bath: Letter, etc., to Dr G. V. Bakewell from Dr. Frederick George Thomson: 1925: Signed.