G. K. CHESTERTON PAPERS. VOL. CLXXXIV (ff. 104). Drawings, cartoons, sketches, Christmas greetings cards, etc., made by Chesterton for the entertainment of his friends and relations; 1898 - circa 1930. Partly photographs. Includes sketches of masters at St Paul's School, cartoons of fashion at various periods (published in The G. K. Chesterton Quarterly, no. 5 (Winter 1997), pp. 3, 4, 7), four cartoons on the theme 'The German occupation', cartoons 'Heroes of humanity, first series I-V', cartoons of 'Captain Poker, Rev. Ezra Plumtree, Professor Splosh' (published in Sullivan op. cit., after p. 77), a series of cartoons based on London place names (of which 'Mr Toot of Upper Tooting' is published in Sullivan, op. cit., after p. 156), cartoon of 'Poker patience' (published in The Coloured Lands, p. 123).
G. K. CHESTERTON PAPERS. VOL. CLXXXIV (ff. 104). Drawings, cartoons, sketch ...
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb58-addms73186-73484/addms73369
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 73369
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000292.0x00012f
- Dates of Creation1898-1935
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Not Public Record(s)