Dorothy Edith Collins, secretary to G K Chesterton: Correspondence and accounts relating to the Gilbert Chesterton Memorial Fund: 1936-1939: Partly typewritten copies.
G. K. CHESTERTON PAPERS. VOL. CCXCVII A-C. Correspondence concerning the launching of and donations to the G. K. Chesterton Memorial Fund and other appeals abroad; 1936-1939, n.d. Initially the correspondence is between Frances Chesterton and the signatories of the appeal letter, and donations are generally addressed to Charles William Smith, parish priest of Beaconsfield. For correspondence with Maurice Baring, Hilaire Belloc, Walter de la Mare, Eric Gill, E. V. Lucas and George Bernard Shaw on the appeal see the special correspondence with these persons at Add. 73189, 73190, 73195, 73198.Three parts. Not fully indexed.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 73482 A-C
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000022.0x000357
- Dates of Creation1936-1939
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description3 items
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)