This extensive class of records contains a large amount of receipts and invoices, together with some other documents such as bills of lading and memoranda. The class also contains the volumes labelled `Purchase Books', which are in fact original receipts and invoices which were placed by the firm in bound volumes.
Receipts and Invoices
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 MCK/3/5/1-2
- Dates of Creation1795-1826
- Physical DescriptionCondition: these papers have suffered a great deal of damage during storage. Many have been rolled up, or placed in boxes which were too small. They are also very dirty and some are extremely fragile.
Scope and Content
With the exception of the volumes, these papers were originally tied together with string and kept in chronological order at the end of the filing sequence of correspondence. They were removed and placed with the other financial records during cataloguing.