Miscellaneous manuscripts owned by North. The manuscripts include English, Latin and Norman French (Anglo-Norman).
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.add.a.105-7;top.lincs.d.1;top.suffolkd.15
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Add. A. 105-7; Top. Lincs. d. 1; Top. Suffolk d. 15
- Dates of Creation13th-16th century
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish, Latin, and Old French (842-ca.1400).
- Physical Description5 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Sidney North (d 1894) was a colonel.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The manuscripts were bought from J. Sidney North in 1871 for 160.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, nos. 29002-6.