Annual delegate meeting, 1862; annual reports, 1873, 1878.
Central Association of Lithographic and Copperplate Printers' Societies
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb152-mss.39/asl/6/ca
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 152 MSS.39/ASL/6/CA
- Dates of Creation1862-1878
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description[ not recorded ]
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Central Association of Lithographic and Copperplate Printers' Societies was formed in 1880. Independent societies in most major cities in the United Kingdom affiliated to the Association, although not London. It became the Amalgamated Society of Lithographic Printers and Auxiliaries in 1880.
Reference: T. Sproat, History and progress of the Amalgamated Society of Lithographic Printers and Auxiliaries....jubilee souvenir. 1930.
Conditions Governing Access
The records form part of the Amalgamated Society of Lithographic Printers and Auxiliaries archive and have been listed accordingly. An authority file exists for this corporate body (GB 152 AAR131).
The records were placed on indefinite loan in the Centre in January 1987 by the National Graphical Association from the office of Mr K. Haughton through the good offices of Mr. F.G. Tanner.