- Papers (relating to the election of the lay members of the Conference), 1925-1930
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 193 YDA/CA
- Dates of Creation1925-1930
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description3 boxes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Diocesan Conference was constituted to debate matters concerning the Church of England in the diocese. It had three authorities, the archbishop, the house of clergy and the house of laity. Under the Synodical Government Measure (1969) diocesan synods were constituted in place of the diocesan conferences.