- Papers and correspondence relating to exchanges of benefices in the diocese and to meetings of the diocesan council, 1912-1917
Diocesan Council for the Exchange of Benefices
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 193 DO/EB
- Dates of Creation1912-1917
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description1 box. Packets of papers, loose papers
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Diocesan Council for the Exchange of Benefices appears to be a short lived council that considered matters of benefice exchange within the diocese. The practice of two incumbents exchanging benefices with the agreement of the bishop of the diocese and any patron of the benefice is still permitted.