2 note book diaries (November-December 1918; January-February ); typed transcript of the diaries; Temporary Commission for September 1914 (January 1915); Commission (1920); mounted photograph of a group of officers (1917); 2 photographs (nd).
Edmund Hancock papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection AFE 12
- Dates of Creation1915-1920
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photographs, and printed material. The mounted photograph has had its top cut off.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Edmund William Hancock served as a 2nd Lieutenant with the Gordon Highlanders in East Africa, 1918-1919.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Mrs Hilary Kirkland in 1980. No record; but see note on the diary transcript.
Other Finding Aids
East Africa catalogue http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available