Papers created by, or relating to, the junior department. Includes concert programmes and prospectuses.
Junior Department Records
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2649 JL-COLL-TCM/10
- Dates of Creation1906-2005
- Physical Description1 box
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The junior department was established in 1906 and was the first such department attached to a UK conservatoire. It was formed by a partnership with London County Coucil with a view to giving musically gifted children from council-run schools musical training on Saturdays.
Former references: TCM 1, TCM 6, TCM 16/2, TR6