- letters, 1947-74, from Maurice Harold Macmillan, 1st Earl of Stockton, to Ava Anderson, Lady Waverley
- letters from Lady Dorothy Macmillan, Sir Alexander Douglas-Home, Sir David Eccles, Sir Hubert Gladwyn Jebb and Oliver Lyttleton, Viscount Chandos.
Letters from Maurice Harold Macmillan to Ava Anderson, Lady Waverley
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. c. 4778-80
- Dates of Creation1947-74
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description3 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Harold Macmillan, 1st Earl of Stockton, (1894-1986) was a Conservative politician. He was prime minister 1957-63; foreign secretary 1955 and chancellor of the Exchequer 1955-57.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk).
Bought privately through Sotheby's, 30 Nov. 1993.
Collection level description created by Susan Thomas, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.